Prompted by Oxford professor Marc Ventresca, a list of potential topics for Silicon Valley Comes to Oxford in 2014:
- Machine learningand its effect on different industries (automobiles & finance being the most obvious both in application and in local networks)
- I heard quite a bit of noise at SVCO this year about Bitcoin. What about a virtual currency theme along with a fintech theme?
- 3D printing would be a playful theme, with an emphasis on building real things rather than not apps
- Building healthcare, how about genetics? Perhaps in conjunction with the Wellcome Trust
- If we want to mimic the development of the internet, how about we track DARPA’s focus on robotics?
2 Replies to “SVCO 2014?”
Seems like a natural choice might be Bitcoin; I’ve been surprised by the lack of discussion of crypocurrencies at Oxford (given it’s science/computing strengths and the business school). There are a number of bay area startups in this field.
Wow. Somehow I completely missed the bullet on virtual currencies when I first read that list.